Friday, September 21, 2012

May we all find something to SMILE about!

I had to share this picture of Payten. This is by far one of the best pictures I have captured of her, for it shows her true personality, beauty and smile. I love it! What makes it even better in my opinion is, when I took this, Payten had a temperature of 101.5 and bright green secretions, basically indicating that she is not well, but look at that smile you would never guess that she was not feeling well. This is why she is such an inspiration to me. Even though she faces crappy life happen stances she always smiles through it. Even on the worst of days, she will show that smile, it may not stay long and it might be followed by tears, but she still shows it! And that is truly inspiring! I have a lot to learn from this young lady. If I can become half the person she is, I will have done something right, for she is the epitome of beauty, grace, and love. All qualities I want to master. So I am thankful that I have one of the best examples in my life of these qualities and that I can call her my daughter! What a blessing she is to all.


Now this is a picture of Payten two weeks ago, when she was hospitalized for uncontrolled seizure activity. Even during this hospitalization with all she was faced with that above smile would shine through, it may have been short lived, but it shined through. My fear is that the day will come that this smile will not shine through and that is when I will know, that she is done fighting and she is ready to leave for home and that will be one of the saddest days of my life and so I am grateful I was able to capture her beautiful smile, for when that day comes, I will have something to cherish forever!

I want to end with a quote that I believe this top picture of Payten smiling, sums it up beautifully. It says,
      
       When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to
       smile!  ~ Unknown

This is exactly what Payten is doing in that picture! She is showing the world that even though I have a tough life and even though I am sick right now and I will struggle with different illnesses and challenges through my life, I will ALWAYS smile, for I always have something to smile about and when I don't, that is when my journey here on earth will be through! May we all learn from Payten and smile, even on the crappiest day may we smile our way through. Because happy people are the prettiest! God bless you all and  may you all find something to smile about!

No comments:

Post a Comment