Thursday, September 23, 2010

Payten Working hard at Physical Therapy!




Yesterday was an incredible day for Payten! She did fa nominal! Just when you are down and discouraged, she does something AMAZING and helps you regain all hope! I love my Payten for that! Surprisingly she was in a good mood for Physical Therapy. She has not been sleeping well at night and is still having issues with her trach. She is having tons and tons of secretions and plugs in her trach. So it was a good thing to see her happy and motivated to work as hard as she did yesterday. In the video's it shows her on her tummy doing some weight baring exercises through her arms, which this is the best job she has ever done thus far, so I was excited that I captured it on video. Sorry there is no sound. I don't know why the sound does not work because it works on my phone! Who knows! At least I got the video's posted, sound or no sound, I tried all day yesterday to post them and couldn't, so I am just ecstatic that I got them up on my blog! I  hope everyone enjoys watching them. I could not decide which one to choose so I posted all of them.

There is also a couple video's of her working on her sitting and weight baring through her arms while sitting. Another thing that she did yesterday that was the best she has ever done before. Maybe Payten needs to go without sleep more often! (just kidding) It makes me wonder sometimes why we have really bad days and then really good days? Why can't we just have a few really bad days, get better and then have really good days that out weigh the bad? Oh if I could be in control, what a grand thing that would be!

Also, today we saw Dr. Panesar and I told him everything that was going on with her health. He is not sure if it is still her sinuses or if it is her lungs or if she has some sort of respiratory infection. So he sent us to get some X-Rays of her sinuses and lungs and he wants a trach aspirate culture in hopes that something will give him an answer as to why she is doing what she is doing. He believes that he will probably need to bring her in and do a Brochoscopy next week, to clean out her sinus cavity and lungs. Lets hope that whatever is decided will help Payten and give her some relief soon.

At least through it all she is still SMILING! It truly amazes me how strong she is. I hope you enjoy the video's and please keep Payten in your prayers. Thanks so much! I am off to figure out what to do for Payten's birthday; it is coming up in a couple of weeks! Yay and Wow all in one! She is turning TWO!!!! If any of you have ideas on what we can do for her Birthday, that would be fun for a child with physical impairments, let me know, email me or leave a comment, it would be so appreciated. I am having a hard time finding ideas and I want to make this day special for her! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Oh and I changed her blog around for FALL, in hopes that
fall-ish weather would visit us here in Arizona soon! Happy Haunting everyone!!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! What a great job she is doing, it looked like she was really enjoying herself. Way to go Payten!! :)

    ReplyDelete