Friday, March 8, 2013

Clarification regarding my last post!

After I posted my last post, I realized I didn't explain what has transpired, for those of you who do not follow me on facebook, instagram, etc. So here goes, Payten has been in the hospital since Tuesday, March 5, she went in due to high blood pressure and seizures, but she is leaving with a whole new look and less equipment. Usually hospital stays are no fun and we hate them, but this one has not been so bad! Yes, we have been worried about her having high blood pressure and more seizure and the fact that she has been super tired, but all in all it has been a very productive hospitalization. Since Wednesday, Payten has been off her ventilator and her blood gases have been perfect, yay! So, because we have found out that she no longer needs the vent, I have been pushing the issue of taking her trach out, because for so long I have been told that if it weren't for the vent, Payten would no longer have her trach. Well, today my nagging/wishing became a reality, at first they downsized her trach, then they talked about capping it off to see how she tolerated it, but when the ENT Dr. Mancuso came in to see her, he decided to skip all those steps and just jump to fully decanulation (complete removal of the trach)! Can we say ecstatic! Oh my gosh, I was crying and screaming yay all at once. I can not begin to tell you how this makes me feel and how excited I am for Payten's near future and the new possibilities it holds, because these events. I hope this clarifies any questions you might have had!

1 comment:

  1. Goodbye Trach! Hello Happy Momma! I'mso happy for you Kim! That is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete