Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Veteran's Day!

Before I go into my day, I want to give a shout out to all the Veteran's out there and tell them, Thank you. Thank you for your courage, your strength, your determination, your selflessness, and sacrifice. If it were not for all of you and what you have done for this Country, my family would not enjoy the freedoms we enjoy daily. You are truly honorable men and women, who deserve to be praised for all your sacrifices and hard work. We are truly grateful for you and your families, for if it were not for the support and love from your family and friends, you would probably not be able to do what you do or have done, therefore your loved ones deserve some of the thanks too! I can not Thank you enough, so I will end with this, Happy Veterans Day! You deserve a day to celebrate you and everything you have done and continue to do!

Now, on my day. There is not much for me to report about today. Honestly, it was a pretty boring day filled with my kids running around, playing, making messes, all while I was chasing them, trying to prevent their messes and trying to catch up on the much needed housework that went undone while Payten was in the hospital. I guess it wasn't really boring pre-say, but it was not anything grand, just a typical day off from school in the Merrill home. Something though that is note worthy is, Zachary cleaned his room! HALLELUJAH! I know you are probably thinking, really it is just a clean room, but anyone who really knows me and my family, knows I struggling with my kids cleaning their rooms, especially Zachary. Seriously if you saw his room prior to him cleaning it, you would have thought you were watching an episode of hoarders! Yes, it was that bad. I know what you are thinking, how do you let it get that bad, you are a clean freak! Yes, I may like a neat and tidy home, but since Payten came along, I had to relinquish control and let things go; one of those things being my entire house being clean. I do what I can and I let the rest go. This meaning the kids rooms. I have come to rely on them to clean them to clean their own rooms without my help. Which does not happen very often, so thankfully there are doors that can be closed, in order to hide the mess.

Typically, their rooms do not get clean until I go in there and clean them myself, which usually only happens once a month, sometimes more if time allots. However, something got into Zachary today and he cleaned his room, but the significant/miraculous part about it is, it was cleaned to my standards which is really hard to do! I am questioning if aliens abducted my child or something along those lines? Because all I know is this is not my child and that is the only explanation I can come up with! Here is a picture of his room, that he cleaned by himself, with any help or nagging,

(Just so you know, I took this picture after he had
gone to bed, so that is why his bed is not tidy!)


Seriously, he did an awesome job, to which I am very proud of. Now the million dollar question is, how long will it last?! If it last longer than a week, then I know something happened to my son, whether it be aliens or something else, I will know that somehow Zachary was replaced with another child who likes cleanliness! Now what would be awesome is, if we can get Makenna to clean her room just as good. That would be heavenly! Maybe whatever got into Zachary today, will rub off on her and this Momma will finally have an entirely clean house for a change! It would be a miracle and I do believe in miracles, so it could happen!!!!

Unfortunately, I do not have as good of news to report about Payten.  Payten was still pretty sick today. She did not have any fevers that I am aware of, however she did have diarrhea and she slept most of her day away, quite literally. She did not fully wake up for the day, until 3pm and she still went to be at 8:30pm. Now if that is not due to being sick, I don't know what the cause would be. All I know is it breaks my heart to see her so tired and lethargic. I pray that tomorrow is better, because if it is not, then we will be heading to the Doctors to see what they can do for her. It truly is heart breaking that she can not seem to catch a break from all of this. I just want my happy, lively, sweet Payter Tater back! I miss her and I hope she returns soon, especially since the holidays are coming up.

This is off topic, but since we are mentioning holidays, let me just say, I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house. YAY! (kind of!) As much as I love playing hostess and decorating for the holidays, let be real for a moment and say, I am no Martha Stewart and as much as I want to be, the good Lord has not blessed me with that ability/talent! This year however, I want to have a cute thanksgiving table and buffet and so I am going to make it my ultimate goal for this thanksgiving, to have such a thing. Therefore, Pinterest is going to be my best friend the next few days and hopefully time will be on my side and The Lord will bless me with a moment of crafty fingers that will allow me to make whatever I find on Pinterest that I like. If you have any ideas, that are simple, but cute, pass them along to me, for I am going to need all the help I can get, seriously! I truly love throwing dinner parties, etc, but they totally stress me out, for I have beautiful visions of what I want them to look like, however my parties never seem to turn out like I envision them to, which is what stresses me out! So please, if you happen to be praying for Payten, please pray for me as well, that I may be a Martha Stewart for a day and actually have my vision come to life! That would be a miracle too and if indeed that miracle happens, you better bet your bottom, it will be blogged about!

Either way, whether it be an epic failure or a total success, I will blog about it, for that is partly what this blog is all about, to show the real me and my family! So you will either get a good laugh or think praiseworthy things of me, but you will get something in regards to how my hosting of Thanksgiving turned out, so wish me luck! Again before I go, I want to say, Happy Veteran's Day. I hope you all were able to have a blessed day, celebrating the freedoms these great men and women have given us. I pray that these freedoms continue and that we continue to be the blessed nation we are. I hope you all have a good night and great day tomorrow. Please if you can, say a prayer for our sweet Payten, for she really is in need of prayers right now. Thanks again and Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment