Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Payten had a good day, for being one day out of surgery!

First of all, I wanted to share this quote I saw, for I absolutely loved it and thought, Payten has been one of these types of people in my life and I am truly grateful for her and her sweet spirit.

Wow, what can I say, today has been one of those days that you are grateful to be done and over with. Luck was not on my side today. If things could go wrong, they went wrong. Fortunately though, Payten had a good day. When I got to the hospital, with Emmett in tow, Payten was still sedated and sleeping,


this picture seriously breaks my heart. I do not like to see my daughter's arms tied to the bed, but that was the precautionary measures the hospital staff had to take to ensure that Payten would not rip anything out, such as the trach, IV, etc. It was unbearable to witness, but it was successful at keeping her secure and safe. Thankfully after about an hour of being at the hospital, the Doctors decided to take Payten off the sedatives and allow her to wake up. They also at this time, removed the ventilator from her trach to test how she would do without it, saturation wise and she did beautifully. Around one o'clock, after several hours, the sedatives wore off and Payten finally woke up. She was very grouchy about being tied down to the bed, therefore about a half hour of us fighting her to remain calm, the Doctors decided it would be okay to remove the restraints and put her back into her big girl net bed, which looks like an over sized pack n play, it is really quite cool. From the time she woke up till the time I left, she did beautifully. Her breathing seemed to be a lot better and her energy seemed to be high. The only complication was that while Payten and I were having Mommy/Payten time, Payten had two seizures in a row, leaving her completely out of it,


and though she looks great in this picture, it broke my heart, for I wanted more time to spend with her, since my day did not allot me that time earlier. We do not have an answer as to why Payten had these two seizures, the Doctor is chalking it up to all the sedation medication and the fact that we have been a little off her normal medication schedule, which therefore could contribute to Payten having seizures. They did however assure me that they would keep a close eye on her in regards to seizure activity and if she happened to have more, we would discuss a plan of action in the morning.

This evening Dr. Mancuso, came in and did her initial trach change and it went without a hitch. He said that there was no resistance or struggle with the trach going in and that he felt that if we could get our home supplies,(that I just got rid of), by tomorrow, we could go home possibly as soon as tomorrow afternoon/evening. The plan right now is for them to watch how her night is and monitor her saturation's, making sure she can keep her levels up without the support of the ventilator and if she can do that and has no seizures and the home health care company can drop off supplies sometime tomorrow, then most likely we will be able to go home late tomorrow afternoon. What great news that is, for we are all tired of the hospital and we need this blessing of everyone and everything going back to normalcy. I am just praying that everything goes super smooth this evening and that she will indeed go home tomorrow.

As for me, I am looking forward to a brighter day tomorrow. Today just was one of those days, where nothing seemed to go right. First off, when I went to drop Emmett off at the ladies house who lives in my ward for Church, in whom I was told volunteered for Tuesday, I find out that it was not Tuesday she volunteered for, rather it was Wednesday, which completely threw a kink/loop to my day. And though it was an unexpected twist, I was not upset at all and instead of me scrambling to find someone else to watch Emmett, I decided to take him with me, which ended up being a HUGE mistake, for he was a nightmare on so many levels. He wanted nothing to do with the hospital and made everyone around him aware of that fact. Therefore, instead of spending quality time with Payten, I spent quality, (well I don't know about quality) time, with Emmett, walking around the hospital grounds. Finally after about an hour and a half of walking Emmett around, we stopped for lunch, and then after lunch I took Emmett home, where he screamed and cried for about three hours straight. Believe me when I say I was ready to pull my hair out of my head. After that, I took the kids with me back to the hospital, to see Payten, which was around 5:30 and the kids and Joseph stayed for an additional hour enjoying their visiting time with Payten. Once they left, I was very excited, for that meant Mommy/Payten time, which did not happen due to seizures. I literally despise seizures! And then to top the day off, as I am leaving the hospital for the night, I realize I do not have a key to Joseph's car which is the car that was left for me to drive home. So I had to call Joseph, drag him out of bed at 10:30, to come and get me, which completely and totally sucked for he has to be to work at 2:45. Can we say insane?! I think so! Now you can see why I want this day to be over. I am so looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully getting Payten home!

I just can not believe that it is going as smoothly and as quickly as it is for our Payten. Seriously this time frame was nothing I nor the Doctors could have predicted and I am beyond grateful it is working out to be like this. All I can say is that I know it all has to do with prayer and the prayers that are being said in my sweet Payter Tater's behalf. Seriously we could not have made it through this hardship with out all the love, support and prayers that were being said for us. Words can not describe the gratitude I feel for all of you. Please continue to pray that everything goes as planned and we get to come home hopefully tomorrow. I pray that you all have a blessed day tomorrow and a good night. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment