Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Past few days...One word...CRAZINESS!

Oh boy what a few days it has been! Payten is sick, but what is new! We really do not know what is wrong with her, we just know that she is sick! And not at a good time either! She is suppose to go in for testing next week and Dr. Cook is not going to let her go in if she is still sick! Ugh! We can not keep putting this off, she needs the medication or she is just going to keep digressing! I just wish they would do it, sick or not, she needs it done and there is not a huge window of opportunity for when Payten is well. Dr. Panesar says she is fine to do it, so that is going to be my argument when I see Dr. Cook on Friday! I am crossing my fingers that I win and she goes in next week, because I want this over and done with!

On top of all this, Makenna, Payten's sister, had surgery Monday! She had her Tonsil's and Adenoids removed. What a not so happy camper she is! Wow, it is hard dealing with two kiddos who are sick! While we were in the hospital, Payten had an episode where she could not breathe or get a deep enough breath. Joseph almost called 911, but she finally stabilized. Thank Heaven for that! I took her in to see Dr. Panesar the following day and he seems to think her airway is worsening. Oh heaven, I hope that is not the case, because why would it be worsening? The tracheomalcia is getting better or was, so it has to be stemming from the brain. What my thought is, is that the brain issues are getting worse, which is causing the breathing issues to worsen. The answer, venting her more! We might have to vent her all the time, I sure hope not, but it is a manageable thing that many people have to do, and so if we have to, we have to.

With all of this weighing on my mind, I have not been handling ordinary life very well. To be quite frank, I have been a wreck! I am trying to keep it together, but it is so hard when you have so much going on and so much you are worrying about. Maybe on Friday we will receive more answers from Dr. Cook. As for now we are just tugging along, trying to keep Payten well and Makenna Hydrated! At least we are home, all together, safe and sound! Gotta count all the blessings I can! Zachary is healthy and strong and chugging along! Yay for that! Even though it may not seem like it, I do LOVE my life! I have a good life, full of blessings!

Oh, by the way, I am thinking about going back to school! How crazy is that? It has been weighing on my mind a lot. I am debating between getting my nursing degree or getting a degree in Respiratory Therapy or maybe a degree in both! I even thought about a Physician's Assistant! Hey if I am going to do it, I might as well do it right and dream big! I will let you all know what I decide! As for now I am going to enjoy the peace and quiet of the moment and relax from the stresses of the day! You all have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment