Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's Official! Payten is getting a Permanent Port!!!

It is official! Payten will be having a Permanent Port Placed Tomorrow! She will go in for Surgery at 11 am, check in at 9 am! The Surgery will last for at least an hour and a half, if not longer! They have the OR Scheduled for 2 hours, let's hope it doesn't take that long or that it doesn't go over the 2 hour mark! After Surgery she will be admitted to the PICU and be there for at least a day. With all her complications and medical history, they want to monitor her and make sure she handles the stress of surgery well before they send her home. I still do not know much about the Port and the side effects/risks or what it in tales exactly, but tomorrow after I speak with the Surgeon I will know more and I will definitely let you all know what I find out! I am still nervous about the surgery, but that is normal! Any surgery is nerve racking, especially when it is your child!!!! The nerves will be there until the surgery is over and I see that she comes out okay! Anyways, sorry I have not been on here for a little while, things have been busy! We were suppose to have had an interview with Fox 10 News yesterday in regards to Payten's Golf-A-Thon and Charity! (which is in less than a week! You can still participate!!! No pressure!! LOL!) And can you believe it, they stood us up! No!, they did not call to let us know they were not coming. How frustrating is that? Very!!!!! We got everything ready, we put our day on hold and Joseph got off work early, it would have been nice to know that they were not coming. Oh well, their loss right?!!!! Payten has been good, she seems to be stable right now, so lets hope the surgery doesn't set her back too much. But let's face it, it probably will! It seems like we are constantly in the same vicious cycle of Payten taking one step forward and then two steps back! I can't wait until we can stop the cycle, but I don't see it happening anytime soon! Let's hope I am just being negative and that the cycle will come to an end soon. Pray for Payten that she comes out of Surgery fine and that her recovery is easy and quick! Love you all! I will post her status tomorrow after surgery, so stay tuned! As for now, have a good night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment