Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Permanent Port or Not?! That is the Question!!!!!

Finally the Neurologist called me back! Still no definitive answers as to when he will bring Payten into the hospital for testing, but his Nurse said they are discussing it and it will be soon, as long as she is well. Before he decides anything though, he wants to talk with Payten's Surgeon Dr. Mirza and find out about having him put a Permanent Port in Payten. Oh boy! I don't know. I hate the word Permanent! I understand why they want to do it. I just don't know if I want a Permanent Procedure done. I do truly hate watching each time she goes into the hospital, the pain she goes through, along with the struggle the nurses and doctors have while trying to get an IV placed. This will make it so much easier for her and them, but it is permanent! I need to research the risks involved and what can happen if she pulls it out, etc. Another hole in her body can't be good, can it?! I don't know! I wish I wasn't faced with such hard decisions, but that is what being a parent is all about, decisions, good and bad, some are just faced with harder ones than others! Once Dr. Cook speaks with the Surgeon, he wants to bring her in, have them place the Port and then he will start testing, so it might be a longer stay than I thought! Oh goody we get to learn a new skill! Just another step closer to becoming a Nurse!!!!!! I hope it all goes well and happens soon! The less I have to sit and think about the less fearful I will become which will be better for everyone! Pray for us that we can receive clear distinct answers to whether this is what is best for Payten or not! I feel it is, but I still need to really pray about it! So Please if you can help us by praying for us, we would truly appreciate it! Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so I just talked to the Neurologist again...He said that next week Surgery will bring Payten in and Place the Permanent Port, then three to four weeks later he will bring her back in for the testing. He wants to give her time to recover from the surgery! So when I said it would be a Cardon's Month for the Merrill's, I wasn't kidding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are keeping you and your family in our prayers. We hope everything goes well with the surgery and we pray that Peyton will have a fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete