Sunday, June 20, 2010

Payten is rested and doing well!

I am happy to say, it's a new day, a new start, with a pair of freshly rested eyes! Payten seems to be doing a lot better today. That twinkle in her eye is slowing coming back and that makes me SMILE! She is still not her happy normal self, but with time she should get there! I have to apologize for my "ranting" post yesterday. (Now you see the emotional roller coaster that I am on when in the hospital, sorry!) It is insane sometimes what we are faced with. I think how do we parents do it! All I can say is we do!!!!!

Payten is still lethargic, but at least she is more alert and awake. They think that she is suffering from slight dehydration even though her Blood Gas told otherwise and the CAT Scan showed no Neurological declination/pressure, but it did show a Severe Sinus Infection, which indeed can cause Payten's Neurological issues to become worse and more pronounced. Which was causing her to have a worsening in seizure activity, etc. But now that she has started medication and IV fluids, she is doing better. The only thing she is having trouble with now is Diarrhea and Retching while eating, so GI will be called tomorrow to come in and check on her. They also sent some stool off for cultures to see if she has a GI infection of some kind on top of everything else.

It is CRAZY to me how something so simple as a sinus infection, slight dehydration, and a stomach bug could cause such issues to the point of thinking we could lose her, but it can and that is why it is so scary when these children get sick, because we never know when it will be the "ONE" that will take their life.

Thank you all for your prayers, love and support. I know this was a factor in Payten getting well. Now it will just take time and rest for her to get back to her baseline. Therefore we may be here for a short time longer. But at least things are looking up!!!! It is a relief from yesterday, because today I feel like my voice has been heard and that would make any mommy happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment