Friday, June 11, 2010

The Lord works in Small and Simple Ways!

I find it interesting how the Lord works in small and simple ways. And I love how he is able to take those small and simple things and use them to humble us and bring us back to the realization of our blessings. As you read in my previous post, I did not have a good night yesterday. I was angry and sad and just plain emotionally drained. I started to feel sorry for myself and Payten. And then I came upon a story about a 7 yr. old little boy, who came to Arizona from Idaho for a Very Extensive Facial Surgery. He has had 13 surgeries from the time he was 5 months ( I thought Payten had a lot, she has only had 5!) He suffers from a rare genetic disorder that only effects 1 in 20,000,000. What occurs is the bones fuse together and quit growing which causes extreme facial abnormalities and so today he underwent surgery on his face where they opened his face and broke all the bones and reconstructed them together, so that his face would grow normally. This is a very invasive surgery that could be fatal if they make a mistake. And his parents still were so willing and so strong, instead of complaining and feeling sorry for themselves, they stood by their son and comforted him and told him that it would be okay! Even though they knew the risks, they remained strong and became their sons Unsung Hero. And they did it because they knew what it could do for their son, because if it all goes as planned, it will change his life forever! After reading this I thought, who am I to complain about my life. Yes, my daughter has her problems, but she has never had to face a surgery so extreme. It made me realize how blessed I am and that things could be so much worse. Through this simple story, it has taught me a great lesson, it taught me to appreciate my life and my blessings, it taught me that I am not alone in this struggle, there are people out there that are experiencing what I am experiencing and others who are experiencing much worse. So to all of you out there, I say thank you, Thank you for your example, Thank you for your strength, Thank you for your faith, and Thank you for your endurance, because through you and your examples I learn so much and am truly humbled! Thank you Heavenly Father for your small and simple lessons! My prayers go out to the Petersen Family and their son Cayden, I hope that their life is forever changed and that the surgery goes well! What HEROES those parents are! This just makes my belief in the saying, The Lord does not give you any trial you can not handle, even stronger and to that I say thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment