Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Another lovely day!

Today was not only a lovely day, but it was also a very productive day. Honestly, I do not know what has gotten into me? Normally, I am a genuinely happy person, but lately, my happy demeanor has been threw the roof and believe me, I am not complaining one bit about it, rather, I am just a little confused as to where the over abundance of happiness, has come from. But believe me, I am also loving it! Seriously, I have been waking up feeling happy, refreshed and energized, which is a nice change from waking up, still feeling happy, yet sleepy and sluggish. Therefore, this has been a really nice change, that has really helped in allowing me to get things done and to see the good in all things, which I love. Thru and by these changes, I was able to deep clean and get a nice dinner on the table. today. Which is not always the norm and that is why I say these changes are so awesome. Here is a picture of what we had for dinner,


Holy potato!, was it good! I love soup and this potato soup was fabulous. However, I can not take the full credit for this yummy soup, for I found the recipe on facebook, the link says it is from, http://Facebook.com/groups/HealthyTheNewSkinny and the recipe is entitled, The BEST potato soup recipe ever! In all seriousness, if you like soup and you love a good potato soup, this is your recipe. It is a from scratch soup, so it does take a little bit of prep work and time, but the end result is worth it, for it is super tasty. Also, just a heads up, if you do try it, remember, it makes a ton of soup, so either be ready to share it with friends and family or prepare yourself for nights and nights of leftovers!

Not only was I able to get the house nicely cleaned and dinner on the table, but I was also able to get the rest of our Christmas décor up throughout our house. The only thing I have left to do now, is the stockings and the only reason that I have that left is because we did not have the command hooks I needed in order to hang them. Therefore, hanging the stockings will be tomorrows project, along with many other things/projects. Now, here are some pictures of what I did accomplish in the Christmas décor department,








I think it turned out quite cute, if I do say so myself and not only that, but, it makes our family feel little more festive,  having the whole house decorated with Christmas! Yes, I am one of those, who moves furniture and wall hangings, etc. all to be replaced with Christmas décor. It can be quite the ordeal, but it is fun and it usually only takes a day to do and besides, the outcome is worth the time and effort, because honestly, who doesn't love Christmas or the decorations that go with it?!

As I was saying at the beginning of this post, today was a lovely day, but unfortunately, I can not say that it was a perfectly lovely day, for Payten is still having some struggles, which makes mine and the rest of the families hearts ache with sorrow for her. However, we are seeing little improvements here and there, which give all of us hope that with time, she will overcome all of this. But as of right now, there is just something that is not quite right with her and I can not seem to a finger on what exactly it is, I just know there is something that is off and it definitely is not sitting right with me or Joseph. Fortunately though, she is doing better in regards to the diarrhea she was having the past few days, which means she should stir clear of the hospital for now, for she should not become dehydrated, at least right now she shouldn't, for you never know, things could change.

Though she is better in regards to the diarrhea, there is still something that is not right with her and that is where our struggle, as her parents, lies. For Payten, is still sleeping a lot and when she is awake, she does not seem to be her happy, normal self, rather she appears to be agitated and sad, which is not Payten's demeanor, which leaves us questioning why she is acting like this. With that being said, I need to remember, to remain positive and look for the good in all of this. And the good in all of this is, that her seizures seem to be somewhat controlled, her breathing complications seem to have cleared, she is not requiring as much O2, and she is tolerating her feeds better. All of these "good" things, leave us with the hope that, with some time, Payten will, hopefully be back to her happy self, full of energy and spunk. But honestly, I am uncertain as to which way this little girl will go, all I know is that it could go on way or the other, meaning it could go either up or down and unfortunately time is the only way we are going to tell which road she is taking. So please continue to pray for her, for I know the prayers that you are saying, truly have been helping.

Okay, let's move on to something more upbeat, I want to share a fun conversation that I had today, which is brought you, courtesy of Zachary! While I was cooking dinner, Zachary walked into the kitchen and said/asked, "Mom what if I could promise you that I could build us a flying space ship or hover craft that actually worked, would you then, allow me to take apart the Mini Van?" Now, mind you, we have never discussed this before, so the "then" word in the sentence is quite funny. Now, going on, my response to him was, "No, Son, you can not take apart our Mini Van, for it is somewhat of a necessity in our life." He proceeds to say, "Ahhh, why not?! I promise that the space ship will work and who wouldn't want to fly around in a space ship?!" Then he continues with, "Mom, what if I came up with a business proposal for you and Dad, then would you let me do it?" Me, "Aaaa, no! Let's face it, son, you are not taking apart the car." Zach, "Fine! Could I take Dad's car apart, then?" Me, "NO! You are not taking any one's car apart! I forbid you from building a space ship or hover craft!" Zach, "Oh, alright. Well, if I can't build a space ship, can I build a robot instead? All I will need for that, is our vacuum!? Me, "Yeah, not happening, son!" Zach, "Fine! But when I get older, I am going to build on of these things, you just wait and see and then you will regret your decision of not letting me do it sooner!" ~ LMBO! Seriously, I do not know where he comes up with this stuff, but this kid has an imagination that is out of this world, quite literally and it kills me to hear some of the things he comes up with.

Zachary, is so smart and clever, it truly amazes me. I just wish that he did not struggle like he does in school. It truly baffles me to think about it, for he is so bright and so clever, I just don't understand why he struggles? For instance, I got a phone call from his teacher tonight, informing me that he is having a real hard time keeping up with the rest of the class and therefore she is noticing that he is getting more and more disruptive during class, due to his frustration and struggles, which is affecting the peers around him and their learning. This phone call truly broke my heart, for this is not my Zachary, for he is a good boy, therefore I believe there has to be something more to it than she is telling me. So, after speaking with her, I had a heart to heart with Zachary and when I sat down and had a heart to heart with him, he said that he feels very lost and confused in the classroom and therefore he is trying to voice his confusion to the teacher, but she wants nothing to do with what he has to say, which leaves him feeling extremely frustrated and alone. So, tomorrow, I have a lot to contemplate and ponder, before I go into his parent teacher conference, which is at 4:20.

Honestly, I just do not understand why my children's education has to be so hard? This is going to sound harsh, but it is a true thought that I have had at times, which is, that I sometimes wish that my children just fit that prefect learning mold, so that I did not have to deal with all of these things. But then I am brought back to the realization, that if they did fit that mold, I would miss out on these awesome conversations about space ships and unicorns, etc. So, therefore, I will take these "issues" as the schools calls it, for I love my kids and all there quirky uniqueness that fills them, for they are awesome, hilarious, creative, imaginative children, who love learning, they just happen to learn a little differently than most and that is okay, but still, I sometimes have a hard time dealing with this fact. So, please, if you could, while you are saying a prayer for Payten, please say a prayer for Zachary as well, that we may be able to figure out a solution that will help better his education process, for he really is in need of some help.

Even though, I had a few kinks in my day, I still had a super lovely day, in which I am thankful for. I love my life and I do not just say that, but rather I truly mean it when I say, I love my life. For, I have been blessed with a great life, which I could not imagine a more prefect life for me. I truly am one lucky lady, for I have been truly blessed with a beautiful family and friends. Now, before I go, I need to add something to my list of gratitude, that I missed putting on the other day and that blessing is, My Siblings! Honestly, how could I forget about them, for I love them greatly and I am truly blessed to have them as part of my family. Yes, we have our moments where we do not get along, but what family doesn't have those moments? All I can say is that I love you both to pieces and I am grateful for the both of you, for you have blessed my life is ways no one else could and I am grateful to you for that, and I say, thank you, Laura and David! You two are the best and I love you both to the moon and back! Okay, now that I got that off my chest, for I was feeling really bad that I forgot to put that on my list, I can now finish this post and say, that I am thankful for each of you who read this blog and for those who send their love and support for our Payten, for we truly feel all of these things and we know that prayers are being said for her and we are grateful for those prayers. I hope you all have a lovely night and a beautiful day! God bless each and everyone of you.



No comments:

Post a Comment