Monday, December 16, 2013

Boo! Payten and I have been sick!

Man, just when I thought I finally had my plan and I was going to overcome the stress of the season with productive success, BAM!, the flu truck hits me and wiped me clean of any productive energy I may have been experiencing. (At least I think it was the flu truck!) So instead of me spending my week crafting with the kids and getting the teacher, therapist, doctor and neighbor gifts complete, I spent my week, tending to Payten, who appear to have had the same collision with the truck as I did, as well as, chasing this cute, rambunctious, little monster around,


This little boy may be cute, but do not let that cuteness full you, he is a ball full of energy, to which you fully do not understand how much he is truly filled with, until you, yourself, are wiped clean of all energy, then you suddenly start to question how on earth you chase this little energizer bunny around everyday! Around the time Joseph would finally get home from work, was the time my body would completely drop from exhaustion. Honestly, whenever Payten and I could sleep, we did! Payten's best friends this week were, sleep, oxygen, breathing treatments, suctioning of her trach, performed by Mom and Dad and the humidifier. My best friends this week were similar, they were, sleep, humidifier and NyQuil (for at bedtime)! It really was a week of pure winter misery! Like they say, Tis the season to be Jolly and Sick! Thankfully, I was still Jolly through all my misery.

I am grateful that by Friday, I was feeling okay enough to get out with Joseph and finish up on some much needed Christmas shopping or I might be really stressed out this coming week. Thankfully we are mostly finished, except for a few odds and ends, here and there. Oddly enough, though this week was a non productive week, of me being sick, I am not worried about the gifts I did not complete, rather, I say, Hey, it is what it is and if I get them done, then I get them done. And if I don't, I don't. It is as simple as that. I did not have much control over my body becoming sick and therefore, why stress over something that is completely out of my hands? So, tonight as I was thinking about what I was going to give Payten's Feeding Therapist tomorrow morning, since I did not get the baking I wanted done; I decided that I would give Oranges from our tree instead, along with the semi-homemade ornament that I made, of course! I tried to use Payten's thumb print for the ornament, so that it would be more special and sentimental for Ms. Laurie, however, Payten's thumb print was too small and since my other kiddos were already asleep when I was working on it, I did my own thumb print and I think it still turned out cute, even if it is a little bigger than expected! Here is the finished product, all packaged up,


I wish I would have been able to complete the homemade cards I wanted to attach to the presents, but again, at least we have something to give and something that is still super cute, even if it was not what was originally planned, we at least thought of them and gave them something that came from our hearts.

So, now you know how today was spent, well, now let me share about yesterday's adventures! Yesterday was spent mostly sleeping and me finishing up with the Christmas shopping, with a little fun thrown in at the end. Last night, I decided to start a new family tradition, which the idea came from a friend of mine and what it was, was we start off getting the kids ready for bed, we have them put on their slippers and gather their blankets and pillows and while Dad is getting the hot cocoa prepared to drink in the car, as well as the car ready, Mom reads the Polar Express. After reading the Polar Express, we then go on our own Polar Express ride, which consists of us riding around town, looking at Christmas Lights, all while drinking hot cocoa. Here are some pictures I was able to capture before the Polar Express took off,

 This picture was taken after I read to the kids and informed them we were going on our own Polar Express ride!
 
This was captured right before our Polar Express took off.
Such cuties, these kids are!
 
Unfortunately, the light show was not very successful, for we did not find as many neighborhoods that had grand light displays, that we have seemed to be able to find in years past, but we did end up seeing a firework show, which made up for the epic failure in the neighborhood light display department. All in all, we had a wonderful time being together as a family, enjoying one of my favorite Christmas stories, as well as each others company. After we got home, the kids went straight to bed, which allotted Joseph and I a little one on one time, to which we took advantage of it by watching a movie. It was a great way to end the evening that was filled with a new and fun family Christmas tradition. This will be a tradition that we will continue to do in the many years that will follow. However, next time we will be more prepared in knowing where the grand neighborhood light displays are, so that we do not keep having epic failures in that department.
 
I am thankful that I am finally starting to feel better and I am hoping that this week will be my week of productivity, filled with crafting and baking! Wish me luck, Please! Now, before I go, here is what Buddy and Josie have been up to.... (Unfortunately, because I was sick, I forgot to capture each moment of our Elf's adventures, therefore I only have a couple Elf antics to show you for this past week! Oh well, at least I kept up with it and didn't drop the ball, for which, I should get major points for that!)
 

And darn it!, there were some really cute antics that I forgot to capture. Again, oh well, at least the kids got to enjoy the antics and will have memories of these antics in their little heads for many years. I love Elf on a Shelf, it is such a fun thing to do when you have little kids!

I pray that this post finds each of you happy, healthy and feeling blessed. Let us all try to remember the "REASON" for the season and by doing so, may we all try to be a little kinder, a little more thoughtful and may we all try to give where there is a need. I love you all and I pray you all have a blessed night and a productive week.


No comments:

Post a Comment