Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Today was a day filled with productivity, joy and laughter!

As I went to bed last night, I had this overwhelming feeling that I needed to be on alert, because Payten was going to pull her trach out sometime during the night/morning. To which I am so thankful for my impression, for it was right and at 6:15am, I was awoken to Payten pulling her trach out. Not the way I want to be woken up, but thankfully it was a smooth process, because I was already mentally prepared for it to happen. Therefore, I got up, went and grabbed all the supplies needed to change out her trach, woke Zachary up for assistance and got down to business. The reason I was dreading putting the trach back in, was because ever since Payten had her tracheotomy reinserted, it has been a total mess every time it comes out, because Payten no longer has that beautifully round stoma that she used to, rather, now it is covered in granuloma tissues(which is scare tissue and develops/grows around different incisions, such as a tracheotomy/stoma site.). These tissues are a nuisance, for they block the hole/stoma, which makes it near to impossible to reinsert the trach, which not only leaves us, the ones reinserting it, frustrated, but it also leaves Payten, upset, bleeding and in pain. Therefore, it is a crappy process that we try to avoid at all costs, but when it comes to sleeping, it is hard to keep her from pulling at it, let alone keeping her from succeeding at pulling it out completely. So, unfortunately, we have moments, such as today. Fortunately, our day got better as it went on.

After the ordeal of fighting Payten and the granuloma tissues around her stoma, so that I could reinsert her airway back into place, I decide to take Payten out of bed and let her play around on the floor, which is one of her most favorite things to do. While Payten was playing on the floor, she was allotted an opportunity while Emmett was coloring, to seize one of his papers, to which she was successful, which made her beyond happy, for paper happens to be another one of Payten's favorite things! She loves the crinkle sound it makes and she enjoys every minute she has destroying it. Here is a picture of her grabbing the paper and what happens to the paper after she gets a hold of it,


It think this is a pretty good image of just how much she enjoys playing on the floor, especially with paper! After our eventful/fun/playful morning, Payten had feeding therapy, which went better than expected, considering Payten is still sick. However, she did not taste any food, but she was awake, engaged and ready to play, throughout the entire session, which is all we can ask for these days. It truly made my heart happy to see her so attentive and alert during her session. It makes me more hopeful that she will overcome all these obstacles that she has laying before her and that eventually, she will come out on top again. Because, unfortunately, for a little while there, I was beginning to lose hope that she would never be able to pull out, but with days like the one she had today, they help to remind me to never give up the hope, rather always keep believing/dreaming, for you never know what tomorrow will bring.

After therapy, Payten and Emmett took naps. Which in all reality was a Christmas miracle, for Emmett never naps anymore or rather it is far and few in between, if ever, that he does nap. So, to have them both nap at the same time, was pure joy and heaven for me and to be honest, it could not have come at a more opportune time, for I had a ton of things that needed to be done and no time for help from a very eager/helpful two year old. So, while Payten and Emmett napped, I got to baking and crafting. First off, I focused on my project/craft that I needed to complete for the Christmas exchange party that I went to this evening and let me just say, it was a lovely party, one in which I enjoyed greatly. These are the nights I cherish, for I do not get out very often, so when I do, it is beyond appreciated. Here is the gift I was able to complete, thanks to Emmett and Payten taking naps,

Didn't it turn out so cute?! I loved it and I am happy that someone else can enjoy it now. I very am grateful that my day went so beautiful so that I was able to come with a cute gift, which allotted me to leave with a cute gift! So, not only did I get some much needed girl time/adult conversation, away from home, I was also able to come home with a present, which ended up being total win, win for me! Here is the present that I left the party with,


Such cute garland, that goes oh so well with my other Christmas décor, it truly makes my heart happy! I can not wait until next year's party, considering what a wonderful time I had at this years!

Okay, back to before the party, after I was finished crafting, I moved on to baking,




Which is typically not my forte, but I still try and make an attempt during the holidays to make some type of goodie for friends and family. Typically, I find myself making these beautiful cookies, for they are super easy, yummy, and I seem to never fail at making/baking them, which is good for the challenged baker that I am. Here is a picture of the final result,

Don't they look divine? Believe me, they were/are! These are my all time favorite cookies, I love Andie's Mint Cookies, they are the best and oh so yummy! Tomorrow, I am going to be brave and attempt at making sugar cookies, which to this day, I have not been able to master, so wish me luck, for I am definitely going to need it; especially if it go as well as the fudge making attempt went this evening.

Let me explain, after crafting and baking cookies all afternoon, I was feeling ambitious, so I decided to put my baking skills to the test and attempt at making fudge, which ended in total failure. I do not know what went wrong, all I know is that the fudge did not set, which does not surprise me, for like I said before, baking is not my forte, therefore unsuccessful moments are going to be expected. But, hey at least I tried! Maybe next time it will turn out. I just hate the fact that I wasted all this money on ingredients that did not turn out to be edible. However, with that being said, the fudge still tastes really good, it is just not in the normal fudge form, rather it is mush! Oh well, Joseph can eat it with a spoon, right?! LOL!

I feel good about being able to have accomplished so much during my day, even though it started off a little rocky. I am thankful that I was able to turn my day around and have a joyful day, filled with productivity and laughter. Even Buddy and Josie joined in on all the "crafting" action,




While I was gone picking up the kids from school, Buddy and Josie, got into my craft supplies and decided to do some of their own crafting/painting. Makenna's reaction was priceless, she comes in from the car and exclaims, "Wow, I never knew Buddy and Josie were such amazing artist, they really are talented little Elf's!" Well, thank you Makenna, I think I am a pretty good artist, if I do say so myself, NOT! LOL! Well, maybe if I was an eight year old, hahahaha! Anyways, I am glad that my eight year old daughter, thinks that my Elf crafts, are masterpieces. Her compliment, gave my ego a much needed boost!

I am truly grateful that no matter how my days may start out, I have the opportunity to turn them around and make them turn into great days, which is what today happened to be! Now, before I go, I want to end with a quote that I saw posted on my friends facebook page,


I felt that this would be the prefect message to end with, for it is a message of truth, that is a wonderful reminder for us all and it seemed to be the prefect ending to this lovely day! I hope you all will choose to be joyful and feel good, so that you can spread good to those around you, which will then, hopefully cause their own hearts to swell with joy, which will then lead to good, etc. I hope we all may be the good that we want to see in the world! I love you all and I hope you all have a good night. Sweet dreams and God bless!






No comments:

Post a Comment