Thursday, December 5, 2013

He's BACK! Our Elf Buddy returned last night and he brought his wife, Josie with him! Let the Elf games begin!!!!


Yesterday, as you can see in this picture, was an emotionally, exhausting day and no, Emmett is not the one who was emotional; exhausted, maybe, but even though this picture shows him crying, he is not the one in whom I am referring to, rather I am talking about myself. I just happened to feel that this picture depicted how I felt yesterday, very well. This just happens to be a picture that I snapped shortly after Emmett flipped over his horsey that he had so passionately been galloping on moments prior to the flip and I snapped it because he wouldn't let me help him, so that is what he gets, a picture taken, instead hugs. Anyways, yesterday was an extremely difficult day for me emotion wise; which was all in regards to Payten and not sleeping well, due to both Payten and Emmett keeping me up all night, hence the statement exhausted, maybe!, in regards to Emmett.

Payten just kept struggling yesterday and there was nothing I could do to help her. Payten was not able to function at all yesterday, therefore she slept all day. At one point, when I took her the Physical Therapy, in hopes that maybe Miss Anna could get her to wake up, Miss Anna and I decided to try the light gait, (which a harness walking device that can be used on the floor or the treadmill, we usually use the treadmill in Payten's case.) we strapped her into the harness and put her on the treadmill, with no avail. Payten just hung there like a rag doll. You would think by moving her around and getting her upright, she would wake up, unfortunately that was not the case, which left Anna and I both stumped as to what really was going on, for it was not a normal sleeping state that Payten was in, rather we think it was either due to seizures or something, else a long the lines of Neuro.  This event was my breaking point, I had already had a rough night and morning with this sweet little angel and now she couldn't even wake up?! I went home and I completely melted, emotionally. I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed, for I just can not watch her go through this anymore, it is literally tearing me up inside.

The only saving Grace I had was, that I knew Elf on a Shelf was starting that night and unlike some, I love Elf on a Shelf! It seriously, takes me to my happy place and it melts away all my stress and troubles away and let's me feel like a kid again. That is why I do all the fun little antics with the Elf, instead just moving him from shelf to shelf! I do this because, first of all, my kids love it and they light up with each thing Buddy their Elf does and second, because it is an outlet from reality for me! Yes, it is a lot of work and yes it creates more messes for me to clean up, but hey, my life is already filled with tons of work, chaos and messes, so what's a little extra going to do, kill me?! I think not!

Last night, Buddy and  his wife, Josie, who is new to us this year (Makenna all year kept asking if I could call Santa and see if he would send Buddy's wife with him, for she needed a girl to represent her, so I caved and now we have Josie too!) was finally able to come, for in our house, the rule is, that Christmas has to be completely set up on the inside of the house, before the Elf's can come. This helps to not only motivate Joseph and I to get the Christmas stuffed up as early as we can, but it also helps ensure that the kids will participate and do all they can do to help with the decorations, for they want the Elf's to come as quickly as possible!  It really is a win, win rule in my opinion. So anyways, Buddy and Josie, were finally able to come last night, because I was finally able to get the finishing touches done on the house, which were hanging the stockings! Here is a picture of our stockings hung, (I wish they all matched, but hey it adds to the eclectic theme we have going on in Christmas décor, so it works! LOL!)


I am pleased with the way the stocking wall turned out, I think it looks really festive and nice. After I got the stockings up and the kids in bed, the Elf games began and let me tell you, I had a blast getting it set up. Instead of Buddy flying in on parachute this year, he flew in on a Reindeer and in his note to the kids, he said that he was so excited to be back, that he couldn't wait for anyone to strap on a parachute, instead, he hopped on one of the reindeer and flew on in! (The kids got a good laugh at that), Then Buddy spread snowflakes all over and brought a little tree with him and candy, oh and don't forget the silly string, he brought silly string too and sprayed it everywhere! I know, what the heck was I thinking?! To be quite honest, I was not thinking at all! Rather, I was caught up in the moment having fun! Unfortunately the clean up was not as fun as the set up and while I was cleaning up, I thought to myself, "Mental note, remember, try not to do things that make a HUGE mess, for you are the one who has to clean them up, idiot!" Anyways, it was all in good fun and the kids faces and squeals of joy, were enough of the reward, that clean up was not so bad! Here are some pictures from Buddy and Josie's arrival last night,



Aren't they cute?! Seriously, Makenna was so excited, she kept telling Buddy different things he could do and she whistled all the way to school, all while grinning from ear to ear. Now tell me, if your child reacted this way, you wouldn't do this?! I think you would!

Payten had a little better day today and I got a little more sleep than the night before, which helped me to have a very productive day, for Buddy and Josie, cleaned Makenna's room aka MOM! And yes the Elf's in our house move throughout the day! I know, I know, a little overboard! LOL! Once they cleaned her room, they moved onto changing the Menu board in the kitchen (great, now my kids think candy is okay for dinner, Buddy!!!) and after that they all laid down for naps. I say ''all" because, Makenna gave Buddy and Josie three children so that they could have a family! Isn't she so cute?! She got their children out of her Barbie collection! To say that Makenna was just into this Elf on a Shelf, would be an understatement. Here are pictures of Buddy and Josie's afternoon antics,






Then tonight Buddy and Josie ended with a little snow mountain and sledding, with a camp fire and a snowman,





I know it is a elaborate, but hey, look at these pictures and notes that Makenna left for Buddy, Josie and the kids and tell me you wouldn't do the same,


 and besides that,

 
And that is exactly what Elf on the Shelf is for me! It is my Christmas Magic and it makes me happy, which like I said, is why it is so therapeutic for me, in helping me to leave all the stress and worry that I feel on a daily basis for Payten behind and rather focus all my energy on ALL my kids, by giving them magical memories that will last them a life time. I hope you enjoyed getting to see a little bit of my quirky, crazy, overachieving side of me and got a few laughs from it! Please stay tuned for more Elf on a Shelf, for I will be posting what Buddy and Josie do each day on here! So, keep checking in to see what Buddy and Josie have been up to! I hope you all had a lovely day and that you all have a great night! Merry Christmas and God bless! 



No comments:

Post a Comment