Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Today was an Odd, kind of crazy, somewhat beautiful day!

Today was quite the day, it was very interesting indeed. First off, as I was going to bed last night/early this morning, Joseph and I discovered that Payten was lying in her crib completely naked. Yes, you read that right, she was naked! Now, how does a child who can not dress herself, let alone do much of anything else, undress herself while lying in her crib? I literally am still trying to figure out the answer to that question. It reminds me of the time, when Emmett woke up wearing bright pink lipstick, but went to bed clean, wearing no lipstick. Yes, we have a very odd family! There are mysteries in this world that will never be solved and these two experiences happen to be some of those mysteries, but hey, they make for a good laugh and story, which makes for a fun life, so well take em, even if they are little strange!

Anyways, back to what I was saying, Joseph and I found Payten, wide awake and completely naked. Therefore we had to redress her and figure out a way to get her to go to sleep, considering she still had not gone to sleep for the night, which meant that Joseph, nor I, got much sleep. I think we probably got a total of 2 to 3 hours of sleep, max; considering Payten did not fall asleep until 4:30am and Joseph was already at work and I was still awake tending to her. So you can imagine what a joy I was this morning! Seriously, it was not my finest moment. At one point during my morning, I questioned why I even became a Mom?! (seriously, I did!) That moment came after I discovered that my darling two year old terror of a boy, whom I love dearly, had crumbled up a couple packages of Ritz crackers and spread them all over my couch, living room floor and kitchen. That was the moment in my day, where the tears flowed and I asked myself, why?! Why would I have chosen this for my life?! Shortly after that, meaning my "mini" mental break down, I got over it and realized that is good, everyone has a bad day and therefore everything would okay. Especially since I live in a time of modern luxuries and thankfully I was the owner of a lovely Kirby Vacuum, to which my two year owes his life to, for it is what save my sanity and cleaned up the mess! (totally kidding btw in regards to the two year old's life! Well, sort of!) After that fiasco complete, my day thankfully got better and better.

Rather than killing myself and forcing Payten to wake up, etc. I decided that today would be a great day to cancel all therapies Payten had, not only due to our lack of sleep and my rather insane mental status, but also due to the fact that Payten spiked a high fever. Never have I been more grateful for a high fever than I was today, for I really did not want to have to cancel therapies, because they are so important to Payten and her well being, but a fever is a fever and you can't mess around with that; so canceling was the only way to go! Yay! By canceling, it allowed me to slow down and take a breather and go at my own pace, which was quite slow. But let me just say this, for only getting a couple hours of sleep, I rocked it! I cleaned my house good today, which makes me not only happy, but proud of myself! LOL! Once that "chore" was complete, I took a nice long nap! Which really was my saving grace, for I do not know if I could have kept going on for the remainder of my day, without that nap.

After my nap, it was time to take Makenna to her Occupational Therapy session, which usually goes really well, but like everything else, today was an off day and therapy threw us all for a major loop. Makenna really struggled today during her session and it has left both myself and the OT questioning why? We are left wondering if it is an anxiety issue, meaning that she is getting worked up before therapy starts, because she knows it is going to be hard and therefore when she comes, she completely shuts down from the stress of the anxiety? Or is it that she is suffering from an auditory processing issue and therefore she literally can not do what is being asked of her, because she literally can not process the information? Honestly, we have no clue, it really could be either factor and Makenna is a closed book, which complicates things that much more. She is not one who expresses herself through word very well. Which leaves us guessing, which means that the OT has her work cut out for herself and she is going to have to mixed things up, in order to truly figure out what is really going on with our sweet Makenna, girl. The next few weeks are going to be interesting and they are going to give us a lot of insight as to whether Makenna really is suffering from an auditory processing problem or not. If she is suffering from that, then we will take the necessary steps of having her tested to see how severe the problem is and go from there as to what will best help her to overcome this problem. So, as you can tell, I have a lot to think about, which is not what I needed, especially on a sleep deprived, crazy day.

Thankfully, my night ended good. This night, literally melted all my troubles and sorrows and stresses away. Directly after Makenna's therapy, Makenna and I met up with the Cub Scouts and we all went Caroling at one of the Nursing homes in the Valley. Words can not begin to express how touching it was to be a part of something so joyful, loving, and kind. I truly felt as though we were Christmas angels in these sweet peoples lives. They were so happy to see us and to hear us sing and receive our cards and treats, that the boys made. It quite literally choked me up a few times, for I sincerely love the Elderly. They hold a special place in my heart. I enjoy each and every time I get to visit with one of them and hear their stories about life, etc. It really is a special time, that I always seem to cherish. Therefore, I am beyond thankful that I took the time out of my crazy day, to go and do this great service these lovely people. It not only touched their souls, but it also touched mine, as well as the boys, and it helped to remind me what truly is important in life and it helped me to forget about all the "extra" things. There were a few Elderly people there, that truly touched my heart, for I could feel their sweet spirits and I knew that they had to be some pretty special and awesome men and women. One in particular, gave me a big hug and then looked at my face and with tears in her eyes, said, "Thank you my dear, you literally are a beautiful angel, I can feel it." Now, how sweet is that? Those words completely melted my heart and I will forever remember this beautiful ladies face, for she too is an angel!  It was such a simple thing that we did, but it truly had a huge impact on their lives, which leaves me feeling more joyous that I was able to enjoy this time with them. It really was the prefect end to a not so prefect day, in which I am thankful for.

On a different note, Buddy and Josie have been quite busy! First off, they were found this morning making Snow angels on our dining room table. Here is a picture of that,


Then this afternoon, they were found hanging around, quite literally,

Silly elves!

Now, though my day ended on a beautiful note, I am still so very thankful that this crazy day is over and I have the opportunity, to start anew tomorrow. Unfortunately, it might be busier than I would like, because I did not get the Christmas things I wanted done today. Which means that Payten's therapist might be getting oranges and maybe ornaments, that is if I have enough time tomorrow morning to make the ornaments and get cookies baked. Oh well, if it doesn't happen,  it's the thought that counts, they will end up with a healthy snack! And besides, they know we love them! So, here's to hoping that tomorrow is a little brighter and less crazy, and that tonight brings some much needed peaceful sleep. Good night my dear friends and I truly hope you are enjoying this Christmas season. Take care and spread some joy, much love to you my dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment