Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A not so typical day!

First, I just want to say, that I am really loving this blog everyday thing! I have been having so much fun with my new goal of posting something everyday. At first I thought, what I am going to write about everyday, but I have always had thoughts, impressions and/or experiences come to mind each and every time I sit down to blog and it has become so much fun for me to do, as well as a much needed outlet for me to coupe with stress and emotions. I just need a better time to do it, because I am feeling a little sleep deprived. The only time I find that works for me is after everyone is in bed sleeping and I need to be sleeping too! I guess with time it will all come together and I will get the hang of this everyday blogging thing and work it around my schedule better, so I won't feel so sleep deprived! But until then, I will just be extra tired! LOL!

The only reason I even mention being tired today is, that I woke up super late, an hour late to be exact! All because I didn't hear my alarm clock. Seriously this is not the way to start a day! I was rushing about, trying to get everything done for the kids so I could get them to school on time, which didn't happen, but hey, they were only five minutes late, so that is a score in my book, considering the time we woke up. But that's not the worst part of it. In order for me to get the kids to school as on time as I got them there, I had to take them in my pj's, I did however take a shower, but after the shower I threw my pj's back on and ran out the door with wet hair and slippers. It was a great look for me! LOL! Normally I am ready for the day when I take the kids to school, but it just was not working for me this morning, so I did the dreaded pj drop off, which would not have bothered me, but as I am pulling up to the school to drop them off, Zach turns to me and says, "Hey Mom, I forgot my lunch, can you please go home and get it and bring it to me?"

Oh boy! Really Son?! Do you see how I look this morning? But since I love you, I will ROCK this Mom look for you and get out of the car to bring you your lunch. And that is what I did! I ran home, got his lunch and came back, thinking, I will just run into the office, drop it off at the front desk and run back to the car, no one will see me. No harm, no fowl. WRONG! As I enter the office, I am greeted by the receptionist, who smiles at me and says, Oh, it's early enough, you won't interrupt anything, just take it to him in class. Really?! Do you not see that I look like a drowned rat, in pajama's?! But like I said, I ROCKED the Morning Mom look and walked through the entire school to bring my Son his lunch. Was I humiliated, a little, did I leave more humbled, yes. Does my son know that I love him, absolutely! Was I laughing at myself while driving home, you betcha! But seriously, why do these things happen on the worst of days, why do they never happen when I am ready and looking somewhat decent?! I guess this Momma of four will never know!

With a morning like that, I knew that my day was going to be an off day and boy was it ever! It was not off in a bad way, but rather in a really good way. Though I was a little frustrated and embarrassed at the Zachary lunch situation, I allowed myself to let it go and stopped stressing over the little things and decided, since I was extremely tired and I had no appointments for Payten, etc. I would just enjoy the day relaxing with Emmett and Payten and that is exactly what I did! We watched Jake and the never land pirates together. We read books, played with puzzles and other toys, as well as sang songs. It truly was a great morning! I loved every minute of it and I wish that all my mornings could be this simple and fun. But I know not everyday can be like this, for each day will bring it's different challenges and tasks and therefore, I just have to embrace each moment as they come and cherish them, not allowing the Mommy guilt to get me down, but rather push it out of my mind and replace it with the knowledge that I am doing the best I can! However, I really do wish I could bypass the piles of laundry that need to be folded, and ignore the dishes in the sink that need to be washed, and skip mopping the floors, etc. just to play with my kids, but I can't, not everyday at least! Therefore, I will just do my best to a lot some play time as often as I can with my cute kiddos!

Not only did I get to play all day with the kids and get a nap, yes, I said nap, I also spent the evening at the park with my husband and kids. We took advantage of the beautiful Arizona weather and took the kids to the park for a picnic dinner. While there we fed the ducks and walked around, it was pure heaven. The kids loved it, especially Payten. She loves the outdoors and so I was so thankful that we were able to take time and go to the park! Today was an especially great day for Payten. We were able to do all the fun things she loves to do in one day, which never happens!  I am so truly grateful when days like today roll around, they truly make my heart happy. Here are some pictures of us at the park,






And here is a video of the Zach and Makenna rolling down the hills,

(sorry you can't see them, you can hear them laughing, but for whatever reason the blogger videos have poor quality, because you can see them on my phone. Just know it was super cute!)

These are the moments and days, where I feel the most richly blessed, for these are the moments that will live forever in my heart. These are the moments I will cherish the rest of my life and for that I am thankful that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with days such as today. I truly believe these are some of his tender mercies that he bestows upon me and my family and what a blessing those mercies are! And before I go, Payten had the best day yet, with not having seizures and not sleeping as much, so yay, I will take it! Seriously this was the best day our family has had in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment