Sunday, September 22, 2013

Our Saturday of DIY projects

Oh goodness me! I have forgotten not only how time consuming DIY projects can be, but also what hard work they can be as well! Boy, are Joseph and I tired! Like I said last night, we had some pretty ambitious goals set for our day and we managed to get part way accomplished with one of our goals. Not what we ultimately wanted the outcome to be, but still it was a success, especially in our life, considering everything we have to do for not only Payten, but three other children. It was a crazy, mad house over here, but Joseph and I persevered through the day and we finished getting most of  Makenna's bedroom furniture painted, but not only that, our four children managed to make it out live, too! So I will say that is a success in our book of life! Here are some before and after pictures of some of Makenna's new bedroom pieces,







All we have left to do now, is paint the hardware/dresser knobs, finish covering each piece with clear wax coating and then we are going to go over it with a dark wax coating, to give it a little antique finish. Also I need to either, paint the marble top to the night stand or find a different marble top that matches better, I am not sure which I will do yet. The marble that is there right now, is the original marble for the piece, so we might just replace it with something else, but I am undecided about it right now, because I think painting it purple would look really nice too. Decisions, Decisions! I am proud of  Makenna, she picked the colors out and I think she did a beautiful job. I am really loving how it is turning out. My friend Lola, told me that once I started painting furniture, I would not want to stop and she was right! The next adventure will be Zachary's dresser. I am loving Annie Sloan chalk paint. Seriously, it goes a long ways and it looks amazing and is so easy to use. I am so happy we decided to try it. I have found a new hobby!!!! Expensive, but fun!

Other than painting these different pieces, Joseph and I achieved nothing. No garage cleaning, no yard or house work, just painting! Which would be fine, if we did not have four children who ran amok in our house! Now my poor house looks like a tornado went through it, oh well that is the price we pay to get projects done, right?! Besides, house work is an easy fix, so I will live! At least the kids had fun while running amok!

Payten had a really good day today. She required no O2 last night or today and she had clear breathing sounds, along with no seizures. She took about an hour nap and was awake for the rest of the day, playing and having fun. It was a complete 180 from the day before, so this child has me completely and utterly confused as to what is going on with her. I guess this means, I will continue to do what I am doing and keep monitoring her reactions, as well as behaviors to ultimately determine if this medication is doing the trick. I hope that we will finally be over all this drama soon and have some smooth sailing for a little while. One can hope, right?! All in all I am pleased with how our Saturday turned out. As always, we ended our day with family time, which Payten's favorite part of family time, is sitting on Dad's lap,



Makenna and Emmett had some fun too,

Makenna loves dressing in her ballet attire and Emmett, well he loves wearing Makenna's shoes! Silly boy! Makenna may not be the best ballerina around, but she sure is the cutest and she definitely tries hard and practices lots,



Well, that was our day, I sure hope you all had a blessed Saturday too and that you all have a lovely night! Good night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment