Wednesday, September 18, 2013

More good news!

It is amazing how smoothly your day can go, when you wake up early and get ahead start. Seriously, my day was great and I owe most of the greatness to the fact that I was able to get up and going early.  I have forgotten what a difference it makes. The saying is true, early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise! I am going to try and make this my new motto and see if I start noticing a difference in my days, as well as myself.

Today, was not that eventful, it was just our typical busy Wednesday. Payten had both Occupational and Speech therapy. Unfortunately, Payten slept through occupational therapy, AGAIN! This will be three weeks in a row that she has slept through it and she will be going on two months, that she has not been able to do O.T. But that should change, at least I hope that changes. I think if we give Payten another week or so, we will see her back to being able to do all her therapies. At least that is my goal for her as of right now. She did the best she has done in over two months, during Speech today! Yay! Both Payten's speech therapist and Zachary's OT said today, that she is looking a 100% better, from where she was, so we will take it and celebrate it. She is still sleeping more than usual, but I believe her body is still weak and is still working harder than normal, therefore she tires quicker. Again I hope that will change within the next couple weeks also. I am just relieved that we are seeing good changes and that makes me hopeful that things are going to keep getting better. Yay, for blessings!

Good news of the day is, Zachary graduated from Occupational Therapy. He finished the whole program. Not only did he finish it, but he finished it strong. His therapist said he mastered it and told him how impressed she was with his growth and determination. I can't begin to tell you how pleased I was to here those words. I too am proud, for he has come along way and it was very hard work that he accomplished. We went and got a treat afterwards to celebrate his awesomeness! All I can say is I love him and way to go Zachary, you make you Dad and Mom proud! This differences that we have seen since he started occupational therapy are phenomenal,  his spelling has improved, his focus is a hundred times better, he does not have letter reversals any more and his writing fluency has increased dramatically and the legibility is great, you can actually read what he writes now. Seriously, I can not begin to tell you,  what a difference Occupational Therapy can make. Next week Makenna goes into see Miss Meredith, to determine if she too would benefit from what Occupational therapy has to offer. Wish us luck! I hope we can see great improvements with Makenna through occupational therapy as well. Overall I am one happy Momma! I knew Zach had the potential, he just needed help finding it.

Before I go, I want to share a sweet moment in our day today, it was a moment, Emmett, Payten and I shared. I was in the kitchen and Emmett comes running into me, with a worried look, asking, "Where is Payten? Hook got her! Hook got her!" I picked him up and reassured him that Captain Hook did not get Payten, rather I put her in her crib because she had fallen asleep. The look of relief on his face was priceless and very sweet. Once I put him down, he ran over to Payten's crib, climbed up the rail, checked on her, smiled and said, Love you, Payten. Then he climbed down and kissed her hand and went back to watching Jack and the Neverland Pirates, because now he knew he could stop worry, for his sister was safe. I wish I would have captured this sweet moment, but I was not quick enough, but I do have a picture of another time, where Emmett had a similar moment with Payten,


 Isn 't this just the sweetest thing?! These are the moments that make a Mother's heart all warm and fuzzy, for she knows  that she is doing something right. The reason I share this with you is not to say look at my kids, aren't they awesome?! Rather I share them, to show you, that this is how loving, compassionate and protective all of my children are towards Payten. They love her so much, and are so watchful and mindful of her. So moments, such as today, when Emmett did not know where she was, they worry about her and try to make sure she is safe and cared for. It is amazing to see the love, compassion and protection they show for her. It teaches me how I need to be and therefore, I could not help but share. I hope you all had a good day and I hope you all have a good night, thanks for reading. Quickly I want to say, that we truly blessed to have the prayers of all of you. Things are finally starting to look up for our sweet Payter Tater and I know it is because of all the prayers in our behalf from all of you, so thank you. God bless and Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment