Sunday, September 8, 2013

Family time is my favorite time

 
Saturday! Oh how I love Saturdays! No schedules to follow, with surprises around every corner, etc. But honestly, that is not what makes Saturday my favorite day, Saturday is my favorite not because it is chalked full of surprises, meaning you never know what your going to get, sometimes it might be a super productive day, filled with accomplishments, or it might be a  pajama day, filled with fun and adventure. It's not that, though, these things make Saturday fun, that is not why it is my most cherished day and no it is not because I have no real demands on my schedule, though that helps, the real reason Saturdays are my favorite, is because Saturday always end with us in our family room, sitting around enjoying one an other's company. That is why I have grown to cherish Saturdays, for I love my family, therefore anytime I get to spend with them is my favorite time!

Now before I get into my favorite part about Saturday, let me tell you about some of the surprises that happened today!  One being, that we stayed in our pajamas all day. Except for Joseph, he worked, so when he got home he put yard work clothes on, but the rest of us wore our pajamas all day, which was awesome! Usually when we have surprise pajama Saturdays, we don't do anything. It is like there is a switch that goes off in our heads and we become the walking dead and we sit around like mindless Zombies doing who knows what?! But today was different! Not only was it a pajama day Saturday, it was also a productive Saturday.  Which honestly I don't think the two types of Saturdays have ever mixed, so that was a whole new surprise in itself.

Now let me explain, though it may have started off as one of those walking dead, wear your pajama's all day long Saturdays, after a few hours, the productive bug bit Joseph and I and we were able to accomplish a lot not just because we wanted to, but because both Payten and Emmett were doing this,



SLEEPING! Payten and Emmett were bit by the sleeping bug today and I am not complaining! Now for Payten, this has been her normal for a little while due to all the medication's she is on and the volume that she takes. We are praying that these side effects, (sleeping all the time) will subside soon, but for now, we will take advantage of the extra time while we have it. As for Emmett, it was a miracle that he slept as long as he did, that boy never stops and so for him to sleep a wink during the daytime is amazing and he slept for hours, so you can only imagine what a happy Mom and Dad, Joseph and I were. Joseph was able to get yard work done, without the constant demands from a two year old and I was able to do my operation clean up, de-cluttering the kitchen, in my pajamas I might add, without the guilt of leaving Payten alone and Emmett's two year old demands. Let me just say, it was pure heaven! And again it was successful! I was able to get everything I wanted done, except for the bathroom. Two days in a row of accomplishing what I set out to do! That is just crazy! All I can say is, Wahoo! I think I have entered the twilight zone! This never happens, usually something gets in my way, so I will savor it now, because it will probably not happen again for a while! But, GO ME!

 I do have pictures to show you, of some of the things I was able to accomplished,

 First, Payten's medicine/supply cabinet in our kitchen. Boy was this a mess, but I was able to go through it and reorganize and throw out things that were either outdated or no longer needed and now look at it, it's so pretty! Again, YAY ME!

ThE next big thing I accomplished was this,

 Our Tupperware cabinet. I don't know about you, but my Tupperware cabinet is usually a huge nightmare/mess, but like this picture shows, I took care of that! Now the question is, how long will it last? I say, maybe a day and I am not kidding! I hope that it last longer than a day, but I won't hold my breath either! Now if it does last longer than a day or two, maybe a week, I will then know I have definitely entered the twilight zone!

Like I said before, this is only a little portion of what I was able to do. I was able to reorganized the entire kitchen! And what an amazing feeling it was to conquer, I felt like I was floating on cloud 9! (if you can't tell, I love cleaning and organization! Go figure!)

Now that I am done bragging about my "twilight zone" moment of accomplishments, we will get into the real fun part, my favorite part, Saturday night family time! Oh do I love it! It is so much fun, we end up laughing so hard on these nights, you would think we were listening to Bill Cosby or some other Comedian or Comedy show! Not only do we sit around and laugh, but we do other things too, such as,  last week we had a family dance party and the week before that we watched a movie, but tonight we just sat around and played and laughed with each other, it truly was a blast if I say so myself. As we were sitting there enjoying each others company, it donned on me that I should really be capturing some of these moments. So I grabbed my phone and started taking pictures as well as videos and here are some of those pictures and videos I took,

These first four pictures are of Joseph and the kids,



 Makenna is playing house and Joseph was her baby! Now I am just going to say it, my husband has never looked sexier to me! This is what makes a real Man! A guy who not only loves his wife, but also his kids, to the point of playing with them, no rules, just giving into their every whim and desire and going with the flow. Joseph works 12 plus hours a day and still comes home and plays with his kids and helps around the house wherever he can, he truly is a blessing and I don't know what we would do without him. This reminds me of a picture I took a few days ago while I was cooking dinner,

This was the view outside the window from my kitchen and what a beautiful view it was! Again never will he look sexier to me than he does when he is with his kids spending quality time! This day, he had been at work for 13 hours and he was exhausted, but he still went out in the Arizona heat and played with his kids. Now that's a good Dad and guess who is amongst all the commotion, Payten! He never leaves her out! Joseph is a Rock star Father and a one of a kind guy, who I am lucky to say he is mine! I sure love him and the Father he is to our kids!

After Joseph had enough of being Makenna's baby, he left to go to the store and Emmett took the spot of  baby. Emmett sure makes a super cute baby, doesn't he?!


Then Makenna and Emmett switched places and Emmett became Mr. Mom, while Makenna was the baby! This picture kills me! The look on Makenna's face is priceless and Emmett with his hand on her head, well that just melts your heart, doesn't it?! I love these two kiddos so much!


And last but not least, we have Zachary and Payten,




 Zachary is sitting with Payten playing, this is something he does quite often and these particular pictures protray him doing different voices for the stuffed animals while Payten sits and listens. It was so cute, I had to get it on video! Here are the video's of Zachary playing with Payten,

 
 
These pictures and videos, explain perfectly, as to why Saturday nights are my favorite night of the week! These are the moments that make life worth living. These are the times that will be cherished forever. And as you can see, Payten is apart of every aspect of it. Whether it be a dance party, family movie night or just sitting around talking and playing, she is involved and we would not have it any other way. It makes me think back to when we were in the hospital after she had her tracheostomy and the Hospital Doctors told us we should put Payten in a long term care facility, because she would be a nuisance and a hindrance to our family, can you believe that?! My question to you is, do you think she has been that to our family?  I don't!

Would it have made our families life easier if we would have put Payten in a home? Yes, it most likely would have, but what effect would that have had on our family and how would that have been  fair to Payten? She is apart of our family, she came to us, and therefore she belongs with us. So for us to put her in a home, would not have been fair or conductive to her health, nor our families health. Therefore we chose to bring her home and include her in everything, no matter what, if it is something she can be involved in, then she will be involved in it. I truly believe in my heart, that is why Payten have fought so hard to live and is thriving so well, because she has purpose and meaning. It is through our love that she grows and becomes stronger and I am grateful to have her be apart of this family. I love my life and I love my family. This was just a glimpse of what our life is like with Payten! God bless you all and Good night! (This post, will be posted Sunday morning, but I did write it late Saturday night, after everyone was in bed. Just wanted to put that out there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment