Saturday, September 28, 2013

Though I am tired, I am extremely blessed.

WOW! I do not know why, but lately I have been dragging. The other night during my blog post, I was falling asleep, hopefully, you can not tell, by the post! And I was so tired yesterday, I could hardly keep my eyes open through the day. I don't know if it is lack of sleep, or the fact that I was up during the night because Payten's machines were going off,


These pictures are of Payten's Pulse Oximeter and if you do not understand what the numbers mean, the top one in red is her oxygen levels and the bottom one in green is her heart rate. Now these numbers last night were not pretty, 84 and 72, these are not the numbers you want to see for Oxygen and the heart rate was not horrible, but still a little high for sleeping. So I was up through out the night, both last night and the night before last. Therefore she required oxygen throughout both nights and needed adjusting, in order to keep her saturation's up in the 90's. So this could possibly be the reason for my lack of energy, extremely tired state I seemed to be in all day long, but I don't think it is the sole reason.

It also could be from having to constantly chase this little mischievous little bugger around.


Isn't he cute?! Cute, but naughty all rolled into one!

I believe that it is both these things and other things such as Joseph working long hours and me staying up late, no respite help as of yet, etc. All these things are contributing to my lack of energy, extremely tired state. The reason I go into this, is that fact that last night, I was planning on staying up to blog, but my body had other plans, I feel asleep at 8:00pm and slept through the night. Boy do I feel energized and refreshed! I needed that sleep!

Anyways, life is getting better for Payten. Though her oxygen levels have not been the best while sleeping and therefore she has need some oxygen supplement during the night, which leads us to believe she might be getting sick, she still has been doing better during the day. I am starting to see that time is helping in regards to her medication and tolerating it.

This is a picture of Payten taking a nap yesterday, such a beautiful little girl!

 Even though she is still sleeping more than normal, she has been more awake these past few days than she has in awhile and yesterday she was even more awake and playing, which is really nice and exciting to see. I need to have more faith in my Doctors, for her Neurologist was right, I guess all she needed was time, I sincerely hope that she will continue to keep getting better and better. The school called yesterday, to check on her and I gave them report and the plan is that they will call and see how she is doing after October break and hopefully she will be back on track and to her baseline, so that she can start school. I sincerely hope that this will be the case and that Payten will get over this hump she has been trying to climb and keep climbing it, so that she can start doing well at therapy again and that she can start going to school in order to have her educational needs met. Please pray that this will be the case.

More good news, we have approval through the insurance companies to take Payten to the doctor in Salt Lake City. Now all I need to do is call Dr. Cook (Payten's Neurologist) and see if there is anything special I need to do when calling to set up this appointment, but it looks like we will be heading to Salt Lake City soon, in hopes that we will receive greater insight to Payten and how we can better help her and her needs. I feel deep down in my soul, that this is the answer for us to know how to help Payten better, so I am super excited that things are falling into place. What a blessing this is turning out to be. I will keep you all posted as to when we will be headed to Salt Lake, to see this Doctor and how it goes.

With all of these things falling into place and Payten seeming to do better each and everyday, besides the fact that she might be getting sick, I feel on top of the world! Though I have been extremely tired lately, I feel extremely blessed. I feel like soon this will be a thing of the past and Payten will start climbing up that hill again and start showing off what she can really do in her therapies and at school. I am excited to see what she has to show us. I know that she has a few tricks up her sleeves and I can't wait to see them! My heart is over flowing with gratitude right now and though she is still teetering between up and down hill and is still not over the hurdle yet, I have faith and hope that she will make it over it and go up hill, rather than down hill and that things will continue improve. Please keep praying for our sweet angel and thank you for all of your love and support. Life is good! Blessings are abundant. Sometimes it just takes time to see the blessings. We all need to remember to have patience, for it is all done in the time of the Lord. Much love to you all and may you all feel the love that God has for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment