Sunday, September 29, 2013

Music is the language that speaks to my heart

I have come to love Sundays and all that it represents for me. I wanted to share a special moment I had this afternoon while at Church. Music holds a very sacred and special place in my heart, for there seems to be nothing else on this earth that can speak to me the way music can. At times I wonder where I can turn for peace and I find that on many occasions, Music is where I find my greatest peace and solace. I love the message and beauty, that a simple song can bring. Music is an art that can bring every emotion felt by man, through it chords and lyrics. I am truly thankful for music and the role it plays in my life.

Today, while at church, during our last meeting, we had a sermon on Music and most of it was done through song, yet there was a short message of spoken word at the beginning in which they spoke about the impact music has on our lives, but the part I want to share on here is a song that was sung. A song that has always spoke beauty to my heart, but today it brought an even greater message of life and beauty, that is what I want to share with you this day. First let me share the song with you, then I will share the message I received from it today,

The song is,

My Heavenly Father Loves Me

Lyrics

  1. 1. Whenever I hear the song of a bird
    Or look at the blue, blue sky,
    Whenever I feel the rain on my face
    Or the wind as it rushes by,
    Whenever I touch a velvet rose
    Or walk by our lilac tree,
    I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
    Heav'nly Father created for me.
  2. 2. He gave me my eyes that I might see
    The color of butterfly wings.
    He gave me my ears that I might hear
    The magical sound of things.
    He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
    I thank him rev'rently
    For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
    Yes, I know Heav'nly Father loves me.
  3. Words and music: Clara W. McMaster, 1904-1997. (c) 1961 IRI. Arr. (c) 1989 IRI

 
 
I can not tell you how many times I have heard this song, but never has it spoke the volumes it spoke to me this day. As I was sitting there listening to this beautiful song, the words spoke so profoundly to my heart in regards to my sweet Payten. Joseph and I have struggled for a long time with the fact that Payten can not do certain things, such as talk, crawl, walk, etc. but this song bore witness to me, that those things do not matter. What matters is that God gave her life and the fact that she can enjoy this beautiful world and everything it has to offer. She has been given eyes to see the color of butterfly wings, as well as the blue, blue sky and so much more. She has ears that can hear the sounds of magical things, such as music, songs of birds, the pitter, patter of rain on a roof or ground and the voices of those who love her dearly. She has been given hands that allow her to feel the things around her such as nature and natures velvet roses, grass and rain, etc., but not only that, she can also with those hands, feel her mom and dad's faces, hands, hair, etc. and these are the things that are important. Those other things, walking, talking, crawling, etc., are just luxury items that most of us get to experience, but I am here to tell you that the true joy come in what we see, feel, hear and smell. I have a new found gratitude and understanding of why Payten smiles so often, though she has so many hardships and that is because she truly knows that her Heavenly Father loves her and has blessed her with a life, a mind (it may be a little broken, but a mind non the less), a beautiful heart, eyes that work and can see, hands to feel, ears to hear, and so much more of which allow her to enjoy this beautiful world that her Heavenly Father created.
 
How thankful I am for this beautiful song and the new profound message it has brought to me. Life is so beautiful and music just adds to that beauty. I pray we may learn to enjoy everything this life has to offer. I was not planning on sharing these thoughts and impressions with you, but my heart kept telling that I needed to. So, I hope you found something in these words that touched your soul and uplifted you, as did I today. Tomorrow I will be back with an update on Payten and other things, but for now I just want to leave you with this sweet message that I know Heavenly Father loves you. God bless you all. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the 5th sunday lesson too! So moving! And that is my favorite song too! I think a couple years ago I posted on my blog about that same song! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete