Sunday, October 6, 2013

Home can be a heaven on earth!

Today was a much needed reprieve from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. That is why I love conference Sundays. They give a much needed break from the normal, but still allow the uplifting spiritual nourishment that Sundays bring, but in the comfort of your own home while relaxing with the ones you love. Joseph has not been home a lot lately and so having him home and Payten well and the kids happily playing together, all while the messages of conference were being played, seriously, heaven on earth. Now I truly know, home can be a heaven on earth, for today was just that! It was a lovely sight to see and it made my heart happy! Honestly, it was exactly what I needed to help prepare me for the upcoming week.

Not only was it nice to listen to conference and be with my family, but it was nice to see Zachary and Makenna taking our talk we had last night to heart. After the afternoon session of conference was over, Joseph and I decided to take advantage of the moment while Payten and Emmett were both sleeping and take a nap, which Zachary and Makenna happily agreed we should go and do. But not only that, when Joseph asked them to fold some laundry while we took our nap, instead of complaining, they smiled and said, Sure! Then I heard Makenna say to Zachary, Do you know how to fold laundry? Zachary's response, No, but I'm sure it's easy. Makenna, Me neither, but your probably right, it can't be that hard!~ This not only made me giggle, but it made my heart happy that they truly are trying to be more helpful. After our nap this is what we found,


It may not be a ton of clothes that they folded, but it sure was enough to make me feel like I got through to them last night with our discussion. This is a sight that would make any Mother's heart happy! I sure love these kids of mine! Oh, and after I saw their hard work, they put it away. Makenna said, Hey, I wanted to make sure you saw all our hard work! LOL! This little girl kills me at times.

Our night ended with us all together sitting in the family room talking, laughing and playing together. It truly was a great way to end a good day and while Joseph was playing with Payten, one of her bottom teeth fell out. We are not sure if it was time for it to come out or if she hit it against something that caused it to loosen and fall out. The only reason we question, is she still seems a little young to be losing teeth. But it really does not matter what the reason may be, the tooth fairy still comes and that is all that matters. Some of you might think, tooth fairy for Payten?! Really? Yes, though she may not get concept or the magic of it, she still deserves the same traditions and magic the other kids get and besides the other kiddos would question why the tooth fairy didn't come to Payten!  I just hope I don't forget. That happens a lot around here, lol! Here is a picture of her tooth,



I pray that you all had a lovely Sunday and that you received the relaxation and nourishment you body and soul needs for the upcoming week. May you all have a blessed week filled with accomplishment and fun! Good night to you all and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment