Friday, October 25, 2013

Pure Randomness

Today was a pretty typical day in the Merrill house, nothing special! I ran around the house, jumping from cleaning to entertaining my little cuties, to cleaning, to entertaining! With a toddler and a Payten, things can get SUPER messy, so this Mommas job is never ending, as are all Mommas jobs out there. I went from singing songs, to reading books, to playing monster, then I got up to clean something and as soon as I walk back in the room, I that pretzels are spread all over the family room floor. Emmett decided he wanted some pretzels so he got the bag of pretzels out and Payten, being the lover of the crinkle sounds that bags make, she grabbed the bag from Emmett, hence the pretzels everywhere. Once I got that mess cleaned up, a little bit of my OCD side kicked in and I decided to clean the microfiber rocking chair that is in our family room. So I grabbed my trusty iPhone and got on Pinterest, pulled up my, NOW THAT'S CLEAN!, board and found the pin on how to clean Micro fiber and it worked! Seriously, it is a miracle that this chair looks as clean as it does. I do not have the blog that it came from, sorry, but the pin/blog said to take Windex, (which seriously, if I dubbed a cleaner my BFF, it would be Windex, I love it that much!) and a scrub brush and go to town, that's it, and believe me, it worked wonders!

Except that I have a two year old, that kept coming up behind me and pouring water on the chair, right after I walked away to let it dry. This went on about five times in a row, therefore I kept having to clean the chair, over and over again to try and keep the water from staining. Unfortunately, you can still see some water stains from Emmett today, but it still looks way better than it did. So thank you to the gal who blogged about her miracle microfiber cleaner, you put a smile on this OCD, Mommas face! I just wish there was a pin on what to do with your toddler, when you want to kill him for wrecking you nicely cleaned upholstery! Wait, there probably is! I will have to look that up! Hahaha! Thankfully for Emmett's sake, I am a patient woman and he is super cute, so I just let it go, with a firm No and that was about it. Boy does he gets off easy!

After I got finished with my Mommy chores and Emmett and Payten were napping, I sat down to figure out what the heck I was going to do for Makenna's Halloween costume, that she needed for tomorrows Halloween Mercado at school. She decided to be a kitty cat and honestly I had no clue what to do, all I knew was that I had no money to spend, therefore I needed to get creative. So again I grabbed my trusty iPhone and started looking through facebook and pinterest to get my creative juices flowing. Finally I came across a post on facebook by Cute Girl Hairstyles, which was a tutorial on how to do Halloween Cat Ears using your hair. Seriously, how brilliant is that?! Then the light bulb went off and I realized, all I needed to do is have her wear her dance outfit, do her hair like this tutorial said to and walla, we have a costume,




How cute is this?! I think this is pretty darn awesome for a last minute costume! And let me just say, if I can do Makenna's hair like this, anyone can do their child's hair like this, for I am not your crafty, nimble finger's type of gal. Rather I am quite challenged when it comes to this type of stuff, that is why I am bragging right now, for everyone deserves a moment to brag and since my creative moments aren't typically successful, I have to take my bragging chance whenever I can! So I am taking it and I am patting myself on the back right now, as we speak! She makes an adorable kitty cat if I do say so myself. I am just thankful that we have social networking that I can get on and see other peoples creativity and copy it! Makes me happy, as well as relieved that I finally have a costume for Makenna. Phew!

After I figured the costume out, it was time to go and get the kids from school and today is Joseph's late day at work, which happens to fall on Makenna's dance class day, therefore I am stuck in the car for a little over an hour, chaperoning and waiting, with four kids. Crazy is right?! So you now know, Thursday afternoons are not my favorite, but today was pretty fun. While we were sitting, waiting for Makenna to get done with dance, Zachary informs me that he now wants to be a Sports Announcer. I asked him where he got that idea from and he proceeds to tell me that he has been dubbed the kickball announcer at recess. He still plays kickball, but he announces while he is playing. I asked him what he says and here is one of his commentary moments from recess kickball, "Here is so and so, coming up to the plate, looking tired, but fierce, ready to kick that ball out of the park, and she kicks, oh boy folks, she pulled a Charley Brown! Shake it off, Shake it off, you got this! Brush it off and try again, for that is what Charley Brown would do." I was barrel laughing, I do not know where he comes up with this stuff. She pulled a Charley Brown?! This kid seriously kills me! He may not have a future in sports and he probably will not have a future in sports announcing, but stand up comedy, heck yeah! This kid could be our next Bill Cosby or Kevin James. He is hilarious. May be his Occupational Therapist was right, he will  have a side job in IMPROV or Comedy. I need to really look into getting him into some classes, because he loves drama and being center of attention, while making people laugh and we need to unleash his natural talent now while he is young.

Even though my day was successful and filled with some laughter, I am still frustrated, because Payten's doctor has not called us. I guess I will be calling him in the morning to find out what the films showed. Maybe him not calling today is a good sign, meaning there is nothing seriously wrong, but still I would like to hear him tell me that, not leave me hanging. Because this Momma is worried and having nightmares about it. I need to remain calm, I know, but it is hard when you watch your child struggle so badly trying to breathe. My biggest fear since Payten was born, is that I will wake up and find her dead and this breathing issue makes that fear that much stronger, hence the nightmares. I just hope that I can talk to the Doctor soon and have some answers as to what they think is going on, for there is something wrong and nothing is seeming to help as of right now. I just want relief for my daughter, which will then give me peace of mind. Before I go, I want to thank those who have prayed and are still praying for Payten, your prayers mean the world to us and are much needed, so again thank you for that. Good night and sleep tight! Much love from our family to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment