Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Payten's Stoma might get closed up tomorrow!

Tonight, I was planning on reporting how Payten did with her medication experiment, but unfortunately, Joseph forgot to give her medications this morning, so there is nothing to report. Here is to hoping he remembers tomorrow morning, so that we can see if this new idea will work or not for our sweet Payten. I am hopeful that it will, but we still have to try it out and see.

Today was another kickback and relax type of day. Payten's Physical Therapist canceled our session, therefore we had nothing planned for the day, so we just stayed home and chilled! Unfortunately, it was not the same type of day as yesterday. Payten and I did not get the Mommy and Payten time that we were able to receive yesterday, due to the fact that Payten was way more sleepy today and therefore slept most of the day. Oh well, at least she was able to get the much needed rest her body craved and I was able to get some much needed laundry and house work done. It was really nice to have been able to have two kickback and relax from routine days back to back, for these type of days are much needed stress relievers, therefore, I am thankful therapy was canceled today, so that I could have some more stress taken from my body. It truly was a nice change in our day.

I wish I could report that tonight was as relaxing and productive, but it wasn't. My angelic little helpers from the previous days, returned home to heaven and were replaced with my normal, everyday, mischievous, destructive children! At least now, I know that they have these angelic sides to them and hopefully I will be able to draw this side out of them more often. I just wish that their angelic helping side would have remained for at least one more night, because they did a serious number on my house and tomorrow is an extremely busy day, with many people coming over to my house. Which would not be a big deal, but Payten has a Doctors appointment first thing in the morning and by the time we get home from her appointment, it will be time for Occupational Therapy to start, therefore I am going to either be up really late cleaning or up really early cleaning, because I will not have any other time to do it and I would like to have a some what presentable house for the different therapist that come tomorrow. So yes, I do wish that their angelic side would have stayed at least one more night, for it would have made my life a little easier! But with that said, I love my destructive, mischievous children and all their antics, for they keep life fun and adventurous!

Tomorrow Payten sees her ENT in regards to her stoma not closing yet. Her stoma is the hole in her neck, that is located in the trachea area, where her trach use to reside. We need to figure out a plan as to how we are going to close it, for the dangers of it remaining open are too much to ignore, for it is an open portal to her lungs, in which all kinds of infection and bacteria can get through if it remains open. So the question tomorrow, will be whether or not he can close it with a few stitches in his office or if it will require out patient surgery. I am hoping that it will just be a quick procedure in his office tomorrow. This will be a monumental moment in our lives, for it will signify the final step to Payten never having a trach again, which will be a great thing! So it should be a happy appointment hopefully with an awesome outcome. I just pray that the appointment and the rest of my day goes smoothly, for there is too much I need to accomplish; I do not need any drama getting in my way.

Like I said last night, things seem to be looking up in regards to our Payten, which means that there is a huge weight being lifted from my shoulders, which makes Mine and Joseph's hearts happy. I just hope that it continues and we keep seeing good things coming her way, for she truly deserves it. I hope that you all had a great day today and that you all have a good night tonight and that tomorrow brings you much happiness! Good night and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment